Reading, United Kingdom
JULY 2003 – OCTOBER 2004
- Incident and Vulnerability management – Designed and implemented an IT security incident and vulnerability management process and toolset to allow IT to identify and manage security incidents and vulnerabilities.
- Acting as the Technical IT gateway for ISO 17799/BS7799 compliance.
- Maintaining all External Connection Documentation (Change management of technical external connections).
- Designed and implemented an employee Internet cafe in the Reading and Cardiff offices to allow safe Internet use without compromising on the security of our customers and corporate information.
- Server Administration (Windows Server 2000/2003, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, AIX,Linux).
- Design and implementation of Cisco Local Area Network [LAN], Wide Area Network [WAN].
- Design, implementation and maintenance of Internet Services architecture (Cisco Internet Routers, Load Balancers, Checkpoint FW-1, Cisco PIX, DMZ services,ISS RealSecure Intrusion Detection solutions) and Proxy Services (Microsoft Proxy).
- Performing penetration testing and IT system security assessments.
- Design and implementation of Remote access services (IPSEC VPN, SSL VPN, Dial in backup) utilising Two Factor Authentication (RSA SecurID).
- Email and Directory Services (Microsoft Exchange 2000/2003, DNS/Bind, SMTP Internet Mail Relay).
- Design, Implementation of system and application monitoring solutions (Big Brother, Solar Winds, MRTG).