OCTOBER 2011 – DECEMBER 2011
- Assessment of attack used against the bank in compromising the security of their transactional website, by the identification of the attack methods followed by a review of the vulnerabilities and weaknesses within the transactional website.
- Identification and assessment of Anti-fraud prevention and detection solutions, ranging from off the shelf fraud detection solutions through to internal improvements to reduce the threat of compromise within their bespoke applications.
- Process reviews and design of new processes (BPM) to ensure that the approach is Lean and any weaknesses (Gaps, Bottlenecks, Risks) at a process level are reduced.
- Identification of organisational structure in regards to their ability to manage and react to cyber-criminal activities targeting them. This led to organisational changes and improvements in internal communications to reduce handoffs and delays in defending the customers’ accounts and the bank as a whole.
- Acted as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the entire team, performed training on technologies and cybercrime tactics (Phishing, Malicious Software, Detection and prevention methods).